CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, February 2

Happy Birthday Ana Sophia!!

This is a day late, but we celebrated Ana's fourth birthday yesterday with a well-child check-up, pizza and a pink butterfly cake. In retrospect, getting five separate vaccine shots wasn't a nice birthday present, but she did amazingly well.

Ana is our bright eyed, sweet, curly haired dimpled princess. If it's pink or princess-y she likes it. If it isn't, then, well, it should be. She even thinks her hair is pink. I mean if you love pink so much and you love your hair, then it only serves that said hair is pink, right?

Speaking of hair, we finally got the phone call today about a referral for her to see a dermatalogist. The balding has increased greatly with half a dozen new spots and the original spot now 3-4 inches in diameter. The LNP we have been seeing wants to do some more blood work soon, but the big hit came today when the referral was for Doernbecher's Childrens Hospital.

My stomach sunk and my heart raced. I knew we would have to take Ana to Portland if we were referred to another doctor, but I guess I wasn't expecting Doernbecher's. I'm thankful that we will be going there. But after raising money in school and hearing so many stories of the work they do there for kids with very serious illnesses it was a shock to hear. That said, I'm thankful for so many things and we have had a great week of seeing God work, even in the small things.

He is good. He provides for our needs before we know we have a need. His gifts are good. He has blessed us greatly with a funny, sweet, curly-Wehrley-girly, Ana Sophia.

2 comments:

Jeana said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Ana! I'm praying for you, friends. All the time. Love you!

Kathy said...

I'm glad to have found your blog and reading up on your latest family happenings. So Happy Birthday to Ana!