CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 1

One week to go...Part 2

Hurry up and wait. That seems to be the motto of home buying. Hurry and get your offer in before someone else bids higher--we gotta get it off the market! Wait for a response...Hurry and get an engineer's report or it'll be "As Is" for you! Hurry and get bids for the 12 (count 'em TWELVE) things that need repaired. Wait while everyone mulls over the whole deal, find bids for the work, see what their second cousin once removed, who built a birdhouse once so he must know a thing or two about carpentry, thinks about Contractor #2 and see if they still want to go with our offer or not.......Wait, wait wait (here my eyes start to glaze over and my tone becomes low and drawn out as if I'm being played back in slow motion) for the repairs to be done...wait some more....HURRY and get all the papers from point A to points B and C, sign a paper from Point C, take copies to points B and D, return original copy to B, rush over to C and sign 3 more papers in triplicate, but you make changes the next day and they have to be resigned...all with two kids who always need naps.......and Mommy does too.

Okay, all that to say that we aren't moving today...maybe not this week. Next week perhaps???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let it never be said that you, Molly, do not have a flair for the dramatic.

Bummer you can't get into the house yet. This is where I could put in some cheesy Christian saying about waiting is a blessing, blah blah blah. But I won't. I'm bummed for ya. I know personally, right now, this very instant, how hard waiting is.

Jeana said...

Fine, Hutch, if you won't say it, I will. Waiting is blessing, blah, blah, blah...=D Oh Mols! I'm sorry for all the hassle guys have to go through. But it's almost over and then---you'll have a HOUSE!!!

Molly said...

Ok, guys. I know. and honestly...I'm not even packed yet. But I was probably feeling a bit sorry for myself and thought the whole process was funny too.

Anonymous said...

When I look back at the four houses we've bought and the paperwork we've signed, resigned, redesigned, the first with one child, the second with two children and a dog, the third without looking at the inside we were so happy to be getting out of Taylorville!!!!, and the fourth one delivered during the rainiest day of the year after roads had washed out and had to be rerouted just to be delivered, I realize that God's timing is always perfect! During the trial you don't always see His perfection, or understand it, but one day you'll be able to look back and understand.
Use your time wisely, my beautiful daughter. Take deep breaths, remember the fish :>)