CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, May 16

Intelligent Design and acid rain...

I've been reading Dr. Dixy Lee Ray's book Trashing the Planet. I realize that acid rain isn't the hot topic that it once was, but this book has got me thinking a lot about what an awesome God we have. It's amazing to me how interdependent and resilient this world is that He created. Living in Alaska as I do, I often think things like "what in the world do we need mosquitoes for? They are of no use at all!" Well, this book hasn't answered that question, but it has made me realize that all of creation was created for a purpose that is good and needed. Dr. Ray (who happens to be Adam's great aunt) wrote how the desert and barren places in the world help to neutralize acid rain because they are alkaline and the dust gets into the atmosphere and mixes with all the acids (many or most of which are naturally occurring), effectively neutralizing what could be acidic and potentially harmful. Places that I would look at and think of as useless are intelligently designed for a purpose.

0 comments: