CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, April 19

The Exterminator has been called

It is a moment I've been anticipating and dreading for months now: calling the exterminator.

As mentioned in the previous post, I don't like bugs. And we have a lot! The worst offenders to me have to be the ants, scorpions (we've only had one, but the fear remains), and the very occasional cockroach...oh, and the ticks. The fleas aren't so fun either. Okay, they all bug me!

So, the line has been drawn and the exterminator is coming Tuesday. Now for the part I dread. I hate chemicals! I was loathe to call them any earlier from the thought of my sweet baby crawling around in nasty chemically badness. But, the baby is walking and I'll have someone to help me clean up after the guys with the spray guns leave.

I also have this horrible image of them spraying down the drain or somewhere sinister and a hoard of cockroaches (we've really only seen three in the last four months) comes spilling out only to die a twitchy death all over my kitchen counters and floor. Bad things man, bad things!

That said, there is NO WAY I'm going to be here when they let their spray guns blast forth. I will be taking the puppy to the vet to be de-ticked. Then I'll take the kids out to lunch. Then I just might stay in a hotel until I'm sure the bugs are dead. And cleaned up. Perhaps a week will do the trick. Let's just hope there's internet access.

0 comments: