CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, August 27

Birthday planning

"What did you say? It's my birthday?"

Elias's birthday is coming up quickly. He will be four on the seventh of September. I have been busy the past couple weeks brainstorming ideas and questioning locals on cultural expectations. I knew from attending a b-day party here last year that birthday parties are big. I've already learned that social manners are different here: you don't ask what someone wants to drink (ususally), you pour choices and serve an assortment of drinks on napkins on a tray--that's just one of many lessons.

So, I wanted to do this right and have fun at the same time. We are inviting three different families we have gotten to know and a few adults too. We'll probably have an even kid to adult ratio.

I'm planning on making a bunch of colors of playdough for the kids to play with and to take home (goody bags are a cultural must here!)

If you're in the area, here's your invitation. Just call for directions!
(Do you like the envelope I made?)

1 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great Invitation! I love it, hope the party is great!