CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, August 14

Today's project

I was inspired by friends on frugally green to use some of the things I would normally throw away. I also needed to find a pencil box for Natasha to use in her classroom at school--Adam wasn't having luck communicating that to the guy at the school supplies kiosco near here. So, here's what I came up with:

I started with this cereal box. I wanted the final product to stand up to a year of kindergarten, so I folded and glued and reenforced every side.

Natasha then picked out some of my scrapbooking paper that I brought with me. The 12x12 sheet wasnt' quite big enough to cover everything, so I added the strip of blue on the edge of the lid. My favorite part is the magnet closure I made by stealing a magnet from a pad of paper on the fridge. I attached it to the inside of the flap and put a strip of metal under the paper facing it (stolen from the cutter on my aluminum foil box.) I covered the entire box with contact paper when I was done--hopefully it will last the year. And it was pretty much free!!

2 comments:

Jeana said...

Looks great! You have always been so creative with paper. I will definitely go check out the Paper Source someday. Is there anything I can send you from there? Just let me know!

kristal said...

you are BRILLIANT! that went way above and beyond my little suggestion on frugally green. natasha will be the envy of all the girls in kindergarten:)