CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, August 19

Sick babies

Ana has a cold. She just has upper respiratory congestion really (a.k.a. a snotty nose); but I kept thinking over and over today, "There's just nothing more pathetic than a baby with a stuffed up nose." Especially nursing ones. When you can't breathe through your nose, it sure makes eating difficult. She didn't eat much yesterday because she felt so crummy, but she was feeling better today, yet still stuffed up. So, she'd get kind of frustrated trying to eat, but having to stop and take a big gulp of air to continue.

Well...I realize there are things far worse than a stuffed up nose. God reminded me of friends and people I know who have been there and are there right now. I thought of my little Adriana who I cared for in South Africa, away from the the other kids when they were sick, in order to keep her healthy...only to lose her to pneumonia a few months later. I thought of Rachel and watching Joy go through so much for so long and how we get to rejoice with her in heaven for her new, perfect body. For Jeana's cousin's daughter who is going to get her own perfect body soon.

Many of us know that mama's love that grieves for her child when he or she suffers...and yet, we know our heavenly Father feels our suffering even more acutely, with even more love, patience and empathy. Thank you Lord, for pricking our hearts and keeping us empathetic when it is so easy to get caught up in the day to day.

My sleepy sick baby (she was snoring, by the way!)




0 comments: