CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 30

I don't like scorpions in my bathroom


We knew when we moved here that there were the occasional scorpions around. Our neighbors had told us about a three inch long one they found one night on the way to bed. While that didn't thrill me, I knew that as far as scorpions go, the bigger the better. It's the huge, scariest looking ones that, supposedly, are the least dangerous. For some reason, the little ones are the guys you have to watch out for.

The week after we moved into our house, our Bolivian friends, Oscar and Cristina, confirmed my thoughts in this regard. Adding, however, that the most common scorpions here are small, the same color as our tile and cause a three day fever if they sting you. I was a bit frightened by this news and thought about praying every night for God's protection against all things creepy crawly. (I haven't been all that faithful in doing so.)

Last night, at an inopportune time, I saw this guy in our bathroom. I called Adam (calmly), stood on the toilet (I didn't think they could climb up porcelain), and told him to get shoes on. My self appointed job was to watch him so we could seek and destroy. He must have decided that the crazy lady on the toilet was frightening, I suppose, because he made a run for it. (Aren't we all glad I was watching him?) I'm glad Adam brought big, heavy boots with him. The photo here is after a successful smashing of said scorpion. In fact, there are bits of scorpion goo to the left of him.

2 comments:

Krista said...

ew ew ew ew! I don't like scorpions at all! I am very afraid of them!

Katie Jo said...

How creepy, so much worse than spiders or mice. I'm glad you made it through and if we ever move someplace with creepy scorpions I'll have to make Tim take sturdy boots.