CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, August 3

Settling down...

The super short version--as to leave room for photos--is that we have arrived safely in Santa Cruz, Bolivia (the 17th of July); we've moved into our rental home (the 24th of July); we've figured out almost all of our appliances/showers/stuff; and we're working on Spanish language aquisition and visas.


Ana hanging out in our tub...used right now for everything: baths, laundry and of course, the pirate ship!


All the kiddos hanging out on our bed. They were all watching Clifford on our laptop.

One of our neighborhood friends...can you find him? It's a huge, green macaw that really likes the tree in the block in front of our house.

One of our friendly house geckos. This guy was about nine inches from nose to the tip of his tail. He was spotted in the living room one night.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

hmmm... so what do you think of the geckos? Do they creep you out, or do you think they're cute? I'm not sure how I would feel. Maybe if they were small I'd think cute. But nine inches seems a bit big for inside the house to me.

Molly said...

My feelings on geckos: They only come out at night and go away during the day. They eat bugs. These are pros for me. They are hiding somewhere in my house all day long, they poop in my house and I don't like them in my kitchen. Those are the cons. I have to say that anything that's eating bugs in my house might overrule many cons right now....but if I think about them too much I get creeped out! Nine inches is the longest I've even heard of around here. Many are just a few inches long and prettier than this guy. By the way, gecko poop is gross!

Jeana said...

I'd much rather have the geckos than the bugs, too. Does the macaw make lots of noise? How do you like your house?

I miss you!

Molly said...

We barely hear the macaw, so far much smaller, less photo worthy birds make more noise. There is one that is about the size of a small hawk that sound a LOT like monkeys and are kind of a cool black and white, but very skiddish and difficult to photograph. We love our house! I'm going to try to do a photo tour pretty soon.